I know I know. I haven’t been writing a lot. The fact is I haven’t been cooking a lot so I don’t have anything to share. Sorry.
There is something today there. A special salad. Dear Prophet I don’t want to see you nagging. Salads go wonderfully with all your special meat recipes… even if the salad is a strawberry salad!
- Various greens : Lettuce (Roman type or other or anything), baby spinach, cabbage (if you like it)
- Strawberries: depending on how big a salad you want to end up with. For example I calculate about 15 strawberries for one person
- Pear: Any type of pear. Again calculate according to how big a salad you want to end up with. (One person gets half a medium sized pear)
- Cheese: I got the recipe from my lovely sister and she suggested Roquefort. I didn’t have any so I used Parmesan cheese.
- Sour milk: Not sure if you can get this outside of Greece – I hope it’s the same as butter-cream. Try not to let the milk go sour – wouldn’t want you falling ill.
- Olive oil: Of good quality, extra virgin olive oil is preferable. Καλό, μυρωδάτο ελαιόλαδο. Just a teaspoon.
- Lemon juice: Just a teaspoon.
- Salt, pepper and just a tiny bit of sugar
- Wash and cut the green bits.
- Wash and cut the strawberries. Half or quartered.
- Wash and slice the pear thinly.
- In a shaker (or just in a jar) blend the sour milk with the olive oil, lemon and sugar
- Mix everything together in a bowl. Add your cheese on top.
Voila. A lovely salad, impressive, hearty, fresh and different than your usual stuff
Hints & tips:
My sister adds various nuts like walnuts but I don’t like them. If you do, add them.